Afterschool Advocacy Week offered a variety of different virtual opportunities to advance afterschool, summer learning, and third space policy in Vermont. We were joined by afterschool and third space program providers, partners, youth ambassadors, and parents/caregivers to help shape the future of afterschool in our state by
- Providing testimony to the House and Senate Appropriations Committees in support of funding for afterschool, summer learning and third space programs
- Providing public comment to the Universal Afterschool Task Force
- Encouraging youth ambassadors to connect with their legislators to show them what their programs are all about
- Signing the Youth Council Bill letter of support, and
- Using We <3 Afterschool resources to share our support for afterschool programs on social media.