Do You Employ Youth or Want to Employ Youth?
Fill out this survey to be on our list of businesses and organizations that hire youth!
- It will be advertised to youth, programs, businesses throughout the state of Vermont.
- Youth are joining the workforce and need organizations and companies to support them as they navigate their first jobs and explore their interests and career aspirations.
- Be part of our mission to keep all Vermont youth active, engaged, connected, and heard!
Click here for the Jobs for Youth page to see the opportunities and support available for youth.
Highlights from the Field
Resources for Businesses
Youth Workforce Development Guidebook for Businesses (click here)
- The Guidebook covers the entire process of hiring youth, including advertising your business to youth, interviewing youth, supporting them and setting up mentors for them, and strategies to use to develop their workforce skills.
- Included is a section for youth that supports them as they join the workforce, from collaboration with coworkers to organization and time management, scenarios they may encounter, and how to be successful.
VT Agency of Education Work-Based Learning Manual (click here)
- The Manual offers a variety of tools to support safe, meaningful, and sustainable work-based learning experiences for all youth.
- It’s designed to assist businesses and organizations with the development, implementation, and evaluation of well-rounded work-based learning experiences for all youth.
MyFutureVT (click here)
- Advance Vermont has created Vermont’s only free, online hub for career and education resources. My FutureVT provides information and guidance on how to make informed decisions about the education and career journey. It includes 3 interactive databases, career exploration and preparation, education and training information, and career and education resources.