Vermont Afterschool is proud to be part of the Million Girls Moonshot initiative, working to inspire and prepare the next generation of innovators by engaging one million more girls in STEM learning opportunities through OST programs over the next five years. The Million Girls Moonshot is an initiative of the STEM Next Opportunity Fund. The Million Girls Moonshot seeks to re-imagine who can engineer, who can build, who can make. See below for some information and resources that can help advance this goal!
If you are using these resources please fill out this quick survey so Vermont Afterschool can see how these resources are being distributed. Thank you!
ACTIVITIES FOR PROGRAMS AND FAMILIES!
- Student Design Activities: Science Fair Project Ideas – School is starting again! Are you stuck looking for a science fair project? Over 1000 ideas and activities are listed. And, there’s links to STEM careers associated with the projects!
- Student Design Activity: Fun Math Games for Kids – Math Blaster – Save the universe as you learn math skills. This free online game engages kids in purposeful, other world (as opposed to “real world”) math. Fun to play alone or with others.
- Student Design Activity: Cool Math for Kids – Combine math education and skills with the fun of gaming.
- Student Design Activity: SciGirls | PBS LearningMedia – Videos document girls exploring engineering activities. Each episode features a different engaging activity.
- Student Design Activity: Fun-A-Day Engineering Activities – Engineering activities for kids include printable instructions and videos.
- Student Design Activity: STEAMsational – Fun engineering and construction activities for kids and families. Kids make the connection between STEM and art.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE JFF CURRICULUM
Exploration and Awareness of Careers that use an Engineering Mindset: The Possible Futures Curriculum Part I
October 14, 2021: 3:00pm Eastern
Exploration and Awareness of Careers that use an Engineering Mindset: The Possible Futures Curriculum Part II
November 3, 2021: 3:00pm Eastern