Download our PD catalogue to get the full lay of the land, descriptions, and options. There’s so much great stuff in there and should appeal to a broad spectrum of skill levels and interests. We also want to emphasize that many of the trainings are for anyone working with youth, and we hope you will find something that lights you up.
Vermont Afterschool Virtual 2021 Conference
Save the Date!
We are thrilled to bring back our statewide professional development experience in 2021!
This year’s virtual conference offers three hours of quality training plus time for hearing from state leaders
and special guests, and networking with other programs and providers from around the state. Our 2021
conference will offer 6 workshop selections that focus on best practices in out-of-school time programming,
youth development, and expanded learning opportunities.
Date: November 12, 2021
Cost: $75 for early bird registration by October 15, 2021, with a discount for members
More information: https://vermontafterschool.org/professionals/conference/
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2021/22 PD CATALOGUE
MICRO-CREDENTIALS – a certification indicating demonstrated competency in a specific skill. Free workshops include:
- L.E.A.D 1.0 – This four-part series will provide an advanced level group of afterschool professionals with the tools to hone their strengths and develop new skills to assume greater leadership roles in the future.
- L.E.A.D 2.0 – Those who wish to further their leadership skill can enroll in 2.0, which is project based.
- Boot Camp Basics – free virtual training series with 13.5 hours of skill-building workshops to help programs in their orientation of new staff.
- In-person and virtual staff trainings – We offer interactive learning experiences for staff working in afterschool, summer, and third space programs. These trainings, typically 1-2 hours in length, are facilitated by trainers with significant expertise in their topic areas and can be scheduled at a time that is convenient for your staff.
YOUTH RESILIENCE TRAININGS
- Redefining Resilience: Building Connection – This two-hour workshop provides an introduction to N.E.A.R (Neuroscience, Epigenetics, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), and Resilience) research.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid – This workshop teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders in youth.
- Youth Thrive – This workshop teaches youth work professionals and parents to recognize, support, and build on protective and promotive factors for youth 9-24.
- Afterschool Essentials – an accelerated half-year program that Vermont Afterschool offers FREE for staff working in licensed afterschool and child care programs.
- Online College Courses – Vermont Afterschool partners with the Child Development Division (CDD) to offer FREE 3-credit, online courses for afterschool professionals through the Community College of Vermont (CCV). This is a tuition-free opportunity for those who are currently working in a licensed afterschool and child care program.
- Communities of Practice -In recognizing that we have so much to learn from each other, we offer different types of community of practice as a way for staff to come together and reflect on how they can improve personal and program practices. Learning comes from facilitated discussions with each other. Email Matt for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Customized Coaching – contact Nicole for more information (email@example.com).
- VerMoney – a hands-on, active learning afterschool program that teaches key concepts of financial literacy to children in grades K-5. Look for an application in November 2021. Contact Nicole for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).